Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Seaside Day 2

Well before I begin on the adventures of today...my loving sister reminded me about a few things that I left out of yesterday's blog that happened on our journey down to the greatest place in the whole world. If you know anything about my family (I feel like I use that phrase WAY too often) you know that every little thing somehow turns in to a major ordeal. While I think that my mother is the most wonderful woman in the world, she can occasionally be a tad bit ditsy. We were trucking right along until we reached Pine Bluff where we decided to stop for lunch and gas up before continuing on our jouney. When the three cars were filled up (or so we thought) we hit the road. Devin and I received a phone call about 30 minutes down the road from the Peach saying that we needed to stop at the next gas station so that she could go to the bathroom. While we were a tad bit frustrated we were not too surprised because we are pretty sure that she has a bladder the size of a pea. After a slightly smart alec response she informed us that it will be ok because she needed to gas up anyways. We were a little baffled by this comment because we had filled up...how could she already be out of gas? When asked this question she really had no clue...UNBELIEVABLE!!!! She has done some ditsy things in the past (usually on a daily basis), but I think this one definitely takes the cake. I don't understand how you can pull in to a gas station, stand right in front of the gas filler-upper thing, get back in the car, drive away, but COMPLETELY forget to put gas in the car somewhere in the process! Ok, not that I am a control freak or anything, but before we took off on this adventure I was pretty insistent on leading the pack for a couple of reasons: 1) I have a GPS in my car and I think that is much easier to follow than the old fasion maps that Peaches still insists on using and 2) It is much easier to set your cruise if you are leading as opposed to following. Everyone was ok with this until my mom insisted on taking over in Greenville. She had just gotten directions from Toppy on a "short cut" to Madison (where we spent the night) and wanted to give it a go. Devin, Reece, and I were just trucking along following the Peach shen something just didn't seem right. Maybe it was because we were on one lane dirt roads, maybe it was because the GPS had to recalculate with every turn that we took, or maybe it was because we continued to be 90 miles away from Madison (according to the GPS) for 45 minutes. Before we knew it, we had reached a dead end on a dirt road in the middle of someones personal soy bean field. Let me just say that Peaches lost her priviledges to lead! As we found our way back to civilization Devin and I weren't sure if we would pop a tire from one of the huge nails that could be found on these types of roads or if we would get shot with a shot gun from someone in the farm crew, but we were certain that one of these two things was bound to happen!
One of my goals for this trip was to make sure everything got documented; however, I was slightly offended when the only comments I got were from people telling me that I did not post enough pictures. A girl can only do so much people! Fortunately I am a pleaser and like to make other people happy so I will do my best to take, upload, and post LOTS of pictures of these beach babes and dude!
We woke up this morning to another monsoon. I sure hope Hurricane Alex is helping this whole oil situation because it sure is putting a damper on our vacation.

After eating breakfast this morning we kept ourselves entertained by...

painting with Aunt Courtney's make up brushes...

having Justin Bieber dance parties...

and just laying around!!

As soon as it lightened up a bit, we hit the beach.


All geared up and ready to go!

The cleanup crews came rolling through while we were down there, but fortunately they found NO signs of oil...Praise the Lord!


Here are a few pics that we took of the beach babes and surfer dude this afternoon...

However, all of these pictures don't give an accurate portrayal of the theme for the day...RAIN!!!

We were totally bummed when we had to leave the beach when it started to rain.

When we got back from the beach we were COMPLETELY tuckered out...

and napped for HOURS!!

In the words of my wise niece Ava..."This rain sure is a bad apple, but we aren't going to let it ruin the whole bunch!"

Keep checkin' back...there will be more to come later!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you guys are getting some sunshine down there now! And don't give Peaches a hard time... I've seen you do stuff like that a couple times, missy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haley

    Thanks for letting the blog world know about our fantastic family vacation. I don't even care that you told about my foolish exploits - I'm all about making memories!!!!!
    Love ya, Mommy

    ReplyDelete