Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ear Muffins

Ok so here is the first story for the blog...

As Lincee would say--SIMPLE DISCLAIMER:
As with any story, I feel like I can never tell it (or write it for this matter) near as well as just being there in person to experience it; however, I will absolutely try my hardest! In order to stay professional I will give these kiddos different names--let's go with Max and Conner!

Here's how it all went down...
Go back with me to about a month ago (remember when it was -20 degrees outside in the middle of the afternoon...I know, it is pretty impossible to forget)! As a second grade teacher there are many moments throughout the day that I get to play "mommy". On cold weather days, one of my mommy duties is making sure that each of my 23 darlings is bundled, buttoned, zipped, covered, etc. before ventering out to the bus or car line. I still quite haven't figured it out, but for some reason when you are 7 or 8 years old you tend to think that it is really cool to go outside half naked. While my kids are getting decked out in their artic gear I happen to overhear a conversation between Max and Conner:
Max (wearing the goofiest and girliest ear muffs I have ever seen): (walks over to where Conner is standing) Hey, do you have any ear muffins?
Conner: What?
M: Do you have any ear muffins?
C: Noooo (Looking at Max as if he is the weirdest thing that has ever walked this planet.)
M: (leans up against the wall while crossing one leg over the other and crosses his arms in front of him as if he has just turned in to Joe Cool) Well, you like mine?

It is definitely moments like this that get me through the day! One day one of my little darlings asked me why I was laughing so much and I simply looked and him and said that if it didn't just keep on laughing I would go completely crazy! And that my friends is the honest truth!!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I love this story! Everytime I see ear muffs I will think of M and his "ear muffins." Too cute!

    ReplyDelete